EXCELLENCE MADE EFFORTLESS
Thinking about joining the Lemongrass team? Here’s what you can expect.
- Benefits—including a 401k and paid time off after a year
- Continuous training and education to keep you growing and inspired (see below for details)
- Co-workers that feel like family
- A workplace that feels like home
Education will always be one of our most important core values and commitments. It allows us to hone our craft, stay connected to our greater mission, and offer our guests the best possible salon experience. Whether you’re a new hire or senior stylist, education will play a central role in your Lemongrass experience.
NEW TALENT TRAINING PROGRAM
Our New Talent Training Program offers new stylists a three month journey through Aveda and Lemongrass education. During this time, you’ll:
- Spend two days a week at our Training Center learning Aveda’s culture, philosophy and product knowledge (including ethical sourcing stories)
- Receive hands-on training for both men’s and women’s cutting techniques
- Enrich your knowledge of Aveda Color and various color techniques
- Spend a few days a week in one of our salon locations to assist and observe our current stylist teams
Upon completion of this training program, you’ll be promoted and offered a position within one of our three locations.
This program enables stylists to arrive in the salon with a portfolio in hand, not only ready to take cut and color guests—but also to deliver thorough consultations, proper home care recommendations, makeup applications and basic waxing services.
Our commitment to education doesn’t stop when your apprenticeship ends. Lemongrass stylists receive consistent, bi-weekly training in a class setting with one of our internal educators. We choose one focus each month (based on the current needs of our stylists), which allows our team to refine their skill set and stay current on new color, cutting and styling techniques.