Lemongrass partners with Locks of Love, by offering complimentary haircuts to anyone meeting the hair donation guidelines, to create and provide hairpieces to financially disabled children that are suffering from long-term medicine hair loss, from various diagnostics.
visit www.locksoflove.org for more information
Hair donation guidelines:
- hair must be 10 inches long from tip to top to meet the minimum length needed for hairpieces.
- layered hair is accepted if the longest layer is 10 inches. Curly hair may also be pulled straight to meet the 10 inch minimum.
- hair that is colored or permed is accepted, however, hair that has been bleached or colored over bleached hair is not. If you're not sure, a stylist at Lemongrass will be able to consult with you and let you know. Bleached hair is not accepted because of the chemical reaction it cause during the hairpiece manufacturing process. If your hair has been bleached years ago, but has grown out, it is usable.
- Unfortunately, dreadlocks are also not accepted.
-Grey hair is accepted and sold to offset manufacturing costs.
- Hair cut previously to your salon visit or cut years ago, is accepted if it has been stored in a pony tail or braid.
- Because Locks of Love creates custom hair pieces for each child, we are unable to accept donations of wigs, falls, extensions, or synthetic hair of any type.
If you are interested in donating your hair or if you are unsure if you meet the requirements,
please contact a reservation specialist at 817-332-1155 or firstname.lastname@example.org